Delivering Business Change
What is the programme about?
This programme looks at the key practical aspects, tools and techniques required to become a ‘change leader’ – specifically someone who can help to build acceptance to change initiatives in the pipeline or already being executed. Participants will learn how these techniques can support the successful implementation of large scale change programmes such as New Product Introductions (NPI), acquisitions and integrations, business divestiture, relocations, reorganisations and new working practices.
Who will benefit from the programme?
Anyone involved in leading, supporting or championing a change programme, and line managers of staff affected by change.
What challenges will the programme help you address?
The course addresses the following common issues:
- Lack of scoping or appreciation of the roles and effort required to build acceptance to an agreed change
- The failure of most change initiatives to appoint a fully committed ‘leader for behavioural change and buy-in’ for the long-term
- The common failure of identifying key change stakeholders, key constituents or a representative diagonal slice through the organisation of those who can impact or are impacted by the change
- Picking the wrong type of change initiative to invest time and effort on
- Allowing the scope of a change project to creep
- Not having a common understanding across a change team of what the change is all about, or lack of a cohesive message that is tailored to each constituent
- Little validation about what the change is actually about, or ways to shape what the future will look like
- Too much of a focus on the start of a change initiative and no sustained focus on ensuring attention over the long term
- Many hard metrics on change success but very few if any on acceptance measures
- Lack of alignment of existing systems and therefore difficulties in driving required behaviours as these are still being influenced by old methods
Contact us about