What is the programme about?
Achieving and maintaining account profitability is important at any time, but in volatile economic times, it becomes even more critical. The Commercial Acumen course builds greater awareness of the commercial impact of business actions and how different levels of financial decisions and measures are related.
In addition to the core finance knowledge required to understand account profitability, key issues that are addressed include pricing, the price/volume trade-off, and other ways to drive increased volume. The programmes also address the margin implications of product mix and how to manage costs and reduce 'profit leakage'.
Who will benefit from this programme?
This programme is designed to improve the decision-making of anyone involved in acquiring accounts, growing accounts, implementing solutions, servicing accounts or retention activities.
What will this programme help you solve?
The programme will help you address the following common challenges:
- Discounting to win or retain business. CA teaches attendees to look at all of the components of value, not just pricing so that commercial targets can be maintained.
- Retaining business on last year’s prices. It is important to have a strategy in place for this to ensure that the initial rates do not stay in place for years after the deal was won.
- Low margin accounts. CA helps individuals recognise the commercial value of the product/service mix and how this can be adapted to generate higher returns and deliver better value to the customer.
- Over-servicing of accounts. Sometimes, it is necessary to stop the ‘going the extra mile’ behaviour to focus on account profitability and maintaining margins.
- Working outside of scope. Recognising when the account team is doing additional work that is not being charged for is just the first step; CA helps provide ways to tackle this and avoid it happening in the future.
Contact us about
NCV echoes the customer-centric philosophy of our award-winning sales methodology, Creating Client Value, building advanced negotiation strategies and skills in the context of the customer’s Buying Cycle – maximising negotiation opportunities whilst strengthening client relationshipsRead more...
CCV gives sales people the skills and tools to explore the client’s business needs broadly and deeply in order to create joined-up solutions that reach across the organisation and deliver maximum value to the business, using Imparta’s proven, award-winning sales methodologyRead more...