Sales Through Service
What is the programme about?
The line between sales and service is increasingly blurred. Many salespeople (especially account managers for smaller accounts) are required to service the account as well as sell. And many organisations are now asking their service staff to look for new customer needs during service interactions. Our modular Sales Through Service programmes are adapted to the specific challenges in your organisation, and can:
- Help service staff to identify potential needs that can be met... whether a change of address creates a need for new white goods or financial products, or a complaint suggests an underlying issue that could be met a different way
- Equip sales staff to improve the service elements of their activities, even in difficult situations
The programme can equip staff to:
- Plan and prepare effectively to make the most of each customer interaction
- Recognise the importance of first impressions and how getting these right builds trust and relationships
- Learn the different styles people use to communicate – and adapt their style to best match that of the customer
- Use a natural, non-scripted way of exploring customer needs, to present the right solution for the company and the customer
- Guide the customer through a simple journey (Considering, Choosing, Worrying and Buying) that helps them understand what they should be doing to help buyers at each stage
- Use positive, powerful and persuasive language that makes it easier for the customer and enables staff to influence their choice of products and services
- Explain products and services in a way that maintains the customer's trust and shows the staff member is relating to their situation
- Balance the customer’s agenda with the needs of the business and ensure the customer gets what they need now and in the future
- Handle and overcome customer objections to gain commitment to the next steps
- Rehearse skills and techniques using real world examples
Where there is a more complex sales process involved, the programme is adapted to help service staff to hand over to the sales team at a point – and in a way – that is designed to maximise conversion.
The process and training is available for both telephone based and face-to-face service staff.
Who will benefit from this programme?
Service staff who need to include an element of selling in their activities; more junior salespeople who need to get better at selling in a customer-centric way.
What challenges will this programme help you address?
The Sales Through Service programme is designed to:
- Ensure that service staff are comfortable with a more sales-oriented role
- Move the dial on cross-sell and up-sell ratios
- Ensure a good level of conversion once a new opportunity has been identified
- Improve customer satisfaction and KPIs such as CSAT/NPS
CFC employs a ‘7 steps to change’ model, breaking the cultural change journey into key steps and ensuring focus on communication, engagement and buy-in in the early stages of the project. CFC goes well beyond a course; tough workshop-style interactions play an important part in the processRead more...
C3 develops the skills and behaviors of service team leaders to build better staff satisfaction, engagement and efficiency. The C3 management development framework will provide your leaders with the glue that will drive consistency of approach and a positive feel-good cultureRead more...
Contact us about