The quality of our people really is one of the keys to Imparta’s success. We aim to create the best team in the market, and one that is dedicated to our vision of raising the bar for the whole training industry.
Imparta is a fast growing company that employs staff with a diverse mix of knowledge and skills. Our various teams work closely together to make sure our clients experience the highest quality of solutions and service. Roles typically fall into the following areas:
- Managing Imparta – finance, general management and administration
- Client and Business Development
- Subject matter expertise
- Design and Product Development
- Training development (including workshops, eLearning and simulations)
- Training and coaching delivery
- IT Support
- Software Development
- Project Management
- Operations and Logistics
- Materials Production
- Client Impact
No matter what their job, Imparta people have the qualities as an individual that reflect the Imparta brand persona, which is: ‘Smart thinking and capable, with a personal touch.’
As an employer, we take the training and development of our people seriously, and we received a two-star accreditation ('outstanding') as one of the Best Companies to Work For in 2012. For more details on our approach to our employees, please see the Responsibility page.
Imparta Limited is an equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.
Current career opportunities
Senior IT Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to take on a predominantly 2nd Line Technical Support role in the IT Operations team as well as mentoring and coaching of the other team members.
Candidates must have 3+ years of recent and continuous post-education commercial experience supporting in-house users in a Microsoft Windows environment, including:
Essential IT Skills
- 2+ years’ of deployment and administration experience in a Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 environment including Active Directory, DFS and Group Policy Management.
- 2+ years’ experience deploying and administering Exchange Server 2013 (or Exchange Server 2010).
- 2+ years’ experience of Windows 8.1/10 and Office 2013 (or Windows 7 and Office 2010)
- 2+ years’ experience of virtualization (Hyper-V desirable)
- Experience administering and deploying firewall policies, preferably through Dell SonicWall, TMG 2010 or Draytek routers.
- Strong networking knowledge including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, routers, switches and network topologies.
Desirable IT Skills
- Experience administering SharePoint 2013 & Office 365.
- Experience administering conferencing solutions like Lync Server 2013 & WebEx.
- Backup and restore software experience, preferably DPM 2012, Azure or Veeam.
- Experience administering SQL Server 2008 R2, preferably SQL 2012.
- Experience administering System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012 R2 experience desirable)
- Experience administering CRM 2011
- Experience administering Mitel 3300
- Degree educated and/or be Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSE, MCSA etc.)
- Must live within a one hour commute of Parson's Green tube station or agree to move there within one month of employment
- Must have fluent written and verbal English communication skills and be practised in documenting and following policies and practices
- Must be appropriately resourceful and a keen troubleshooter, including use of appropriate external resources such as Microsoft Technet along with third party websites and books
- Must have a professional attitude, good work ethic and efficiently pursue attention to detail
- Must be residing in the UK and legally allowed to work in the UK for at least the next two years
- Must be available in less than or equal to one month if a job offer is made
- Standard working hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm. No travel required.
Terms: Full time, office based
Head of Client Service
This is an internal facing leadership role reporting in the first instance to Janet Garcia, Imparta’s Chief Commercial Officer, with the mission of delivering brilliantly to Imparta’s clients and driving operational excellence and efficiency within and between the Engagement and Delivery team in pursuit of a goal to reduce indirect costs while maintaining client service.
This role will have management and development responsibility for the Client Engagement, Client Impact and Delivery teams.
The outcomes expected from the role within the next 6-9 months include:
- A measurable improvement in operational efficiency and fixed cost, whilst sensitively balancing cost and quality measures, ensuring delighted clients measured through a six monthly client satisfaction survey;
- Redefined and clarified processes and rules of engagement between the Engagement Managers, Client Engagement Coordinators and the Delivery team (among others) and between those teams and clients. A robust system for measuring adherence to those processes;
- An improvement in gross margin vs. plan on a project and a company basis, ensuring proactive action is taken to identify and act upon opportunities to improve margin;
- Improved measurement of/case studies around the impact of our work, and a clear process for working with salespeople (Client Directors) to identify opportunities within accounts;
- Working with the Head of Delivery, a reduction in average faculty costs per day, an improved ability to forecast faculty demand, and a revitalised associate faculty network;
- An improvement in employee engagement in the Engagement, Impact and Delivery teams measured through the Imparta employee Pulse survey through direct line management responsibility;
- Leadership, development and resourcing of the Engagement, Impact and Delivery teams to ensure that we attract, engage and develop a high performing team
Day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Evaluate and continuously analyse all current tasks, activities, processes and systems to inform resourcing requirements and efficiency improvements;
- Identify business and process improvements, prepare risk assessments and lead the implementation plan, establishing best practice;
- Provide regular status updates and risk analysis to all key stakeholders, including regular presentations to the Exec committee;
- Perform regular re-assessment of all processes to evaluate their performance and continually establishing a culture of continuous improvement;
- Set the overall direction, priorities and development of the Engagement, Delivery and Impact teams, ensuring engagement and alignment with the mission of delivering efficiency and quality;
- Build strong and successful relationships across the teams to generate engagement in process and business improvements;
- Train, coach and manage the Engagement and Delivery team to ensure successful delivery of all projects to budget and on time, identifying and managing risks, working with the teams to mitigate impact;
- Support and coach the Delivery Lead to deliver against their mission
- Support the team to ensure insight and ROI is consistently measured on all client engagements.
This role is suited to someone with a track record of successfully implementing operational business improvement projects that have challenged the status quo and resulted in tangible gains for an organisation. You will be able to work as part of the Imparta management team at both a tactical and a strategic level.
The role will be a good fit for you if you can demonstrate
- A track record of achieving results in a professional services environment (training or performance improvement an advantage) with demonstrable success in building and running rigorous systems, policies, and tools to support complex services;
- Experience in a management level position such as General Manager, Practice Manager, or in a senior operational consulting role with experience of successfully managing and developing a team;
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a proven ability to analyse performance management data, isolate insights and make rapid decisions in the face of ambiguity;
- Ability to engage, develop and collaborate with team members and the wider business;
- Attention to detail combined with an open minded approach to process;
- Inquisitive and questioning approach, familiar with uncovering and addressing the root cause of issues;
- Outstanding capabilities in the management of workflow, process and people;
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills, with outstanding written English;
- Qualification or experience of working with a business improvement methodology (e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma, CEM)
Terms: Full time, office based
Imparta Limited is an equal opportunities employer