Brand delivery through service
Companies invest significant resources in designing and communicating their brand proposition. However there are many examples where the reality of service delivery, complaints handing, debt collection, etc. have been at odds with the brand promise – with very damaging consequences.
We rarely find service professionals who want to deliver brand-damaging interactions, but through process, silo mentality, lack of skill and regulatory pressure, the excitement of the brand promise often gets diluted.
Companies want to:
- Improve consistency in customer experience across multiple channels
- Improve brand advocacy by delivering what they promise – focusing on the words, actions and attitudes of every single member of staff – whether delivering external or internal service
This kind of change cannot be accomplished simply by edict from Head Office.
Getting service staff to truly deliver the brand will definitely need more than a "laminated card" approach, and may involve a major cultural transformation.
Your specific brand promises and customer insights need to be used to inform the key interactions in service, sales through service, complaints and collections. You need to win hearts as well as minds, and line managers need to "own" the changes and help them to stick through coaching and ongoing benchmarking.
Many of the tools and skills you need to achieve this change may exist within your organisation, but if not you can cherry-pick the most appropriate ones form our Capability Building® System.
Example Case Studies
- Microsoft - Delivering brand through an outsourced partner
- Lloyds Banking Group - Delivering a customer-led culture
- Delivering brand through service at BUPA
- Explore the Marketing and Service section of our alignment solutions.
- Use the Design Your Solution section part of this website to see how we could help embed the new behaviours and attitudes required to reflect your brand values. You can download a customised PowerPoint presentation to use in internal discussions.
- Contact us to ask specific questions, or to speak to an expert about our work in this area.
Select other business priorities in...