Sales through service
These days service professionals understand the need to work in a way that balances the needs of the customer with the organisation's loyalty, business or efficiency drivers. There is always some debate about the ethics of using a service platform as a springboard to add value or sell another service or product, but if done correctly, customers are often thankful that their time has been used wisely.
Selling through service requires an adult to adult conversation. However, most service professionals are under so much pressure to do everything (resolve the enquiry quickly, calm the customer down, move onto the next call...) that this can be challenging. Particularly as the key ingredient for success in turning a service occasion into a sale is making it a natural part of the conversation.
Our Sales through Service programme provides a good starting point in this journey. However, it needs to be introduced carefully, with attention paid to the cultural and attitudinal aspects of the change required.
Our assessment products (both capability-based and psychometric) can be used to identify the best staff to make this transition, and the coaching and measurement tools in our Capability Building® System can help to embed the change and ensure that the business results are being delivered.
Example Case Studies
- Microsoft - Delivering brand through an outsourced partner
- Lloyds Banking Group - Delivering a customer-led culture
- WPP - Growing and winning business
- npower - Introducing added value into a traditionally service based environment
- RSA – From Service to Sales
- Explore our Service training curriculum and alignment solutions.
- Use the Design Your Solution section part of this website to see how we could help embed the new skills and attitudes required to make the service to sales transition. You can download a customised PowerPoint presentation to use in internal discussions.
- Contact us to ask specific questions, or to speak to an expert about how we can help you to improve average revenue per customer through the service to sales transition.
Select other business priorities in...