Embedding a coaching culture
Many companies have acted on the significant body of research (HR Chally, SEC, Imparta and others) showing that manager coaching has a major impact on sales team performance. Sadly, many have found that embedding a coaching culture is harder than it sounds, especially if sales managers have been promoted because they were good salespeople, rather than good managers. In one study, less than 15% of managers were coaching to quality and quantity targets, despite the training being very well received.
Coaching is like any skill; it will disappear if it is not reinforced. So as well as coaching training and tools, we help you to manage the cultural change process, going back to the managers and bringing them along on the journey rather than imposing it on them. We also offer a 'coach the coach' service, observing your managers and providing personal feedback, guidance and coaching. Our Coaching Effectiveness tools also measure when, how often and how well your managers coach their teams, giving you a powerful tool for managing your managers.
Click here for one of our videos on how to overcome barriers to coaching.
Example case studies
- Major Strategic Change at a European Distribution Business
- BP – Embedding Sales Training Through Coaching and Mentoring
- FujiXerox - Using competencies and assessments to embed a coaching culture and drive impact
- Use the Design Your Solution section part of this website to select the approaches that will help you to build coaching capability – in particular in the Stick and Measure sections. You can then download a customised PowerPoint presentation to use in internal discussions.
- Contact us to ask specific questions, or to find out more about how we can help you embed a coaching culture within your organisation. Even if we don't end up working together, we learn by discussing real-world problems, so we're happy to share our insights without obligation.