Hire better salespeople
Hiring good salespeople is downright difficult. Many bad salespeople are good enough to fool you in interviews. And many good salespeople fail to make the transition to your environment. The true cost of hiring a poor salesperson can easily exceed $200k, so this is a problem that's worth fixing.
Imparta's toolkit for screening sales candidates gives a balanced view of their capabilities. It generally includes:
- Consulting around desired competencies and characteristics
- CV screening
- Pre-interview call (reduce time wasted on candidates that are a poor fit for a reason not on the CV)
- Psychometric assessment
- Simulation-based skills assessment
- Competency-based interview
- Role-play and debrief (sometimes as part of an assessment centre)
- Cross-checking of identified issues against references
It may sound a lot, but it's a lot less cost and hassle than hiring the wrong person…
Contact us to discuss our approach to hiring the right salespeople for your team. Even if we don't end up working together, we learn by discussing real-world situations, so we're happy to share our insights without obligation.